No sleep 'til insomnia ends

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , | Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This past weekend, the Scranton Zine Fest went on without a hitch, as far as I know. The skies had been opening up periodically all morning, but the rains held off for the crowd to collect and peruse the eclectic mix of zines that ranged in topics from music to the Gay community to bicycling.

Though the fest was of humble size for its birth, it has the potential to grow into a much larger gathering like that of the Philadelphia Zine Fest. Even the poetry reading, which I took part in with some very talented local poets/writers (more on them in later posts), gathered a good-sized crowd in the slowly-fading Anthology bookstore.

Much has been happening over the past weeks and the outdoors have been beckoning to me. Pulling me from the walls of the claustrophobic confines of my home and into the sweet rains and summer breezes. I'm also awaiting my publication in the Boston Literary Magazine where two of my pieces will be featured in their 5-year anniversary Summer issue. There will also be more on this when it comes out.

Robin Stratton, an editor for the Boston Literary Magazine, has recently had her novel On Air released from Blue Mustang Press. There is a copy floating around in the mail system making its way to my box at this very moment. Review to come on the book as soon as I finish it.

What I'm saying is, there's much to come. If this insomnia doesn't come to an end, I'll have to do something more productive with it than tossing and turning in bed. Work has ensued on some new poems and even some short stories. I've been trying to get back into writing some prose. Things are moving slowly at the moment, but the ideas are rolling through my mind quite nicely.

Cheers.

The skies over Tunkhannock, June 12th. A very
fickle weather day.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment