Movin' and Shakin'

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , , , , , , | Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2012

Photo by Thorsten
Big things are happening. Big things that are keeping me from the pen, the pages, and various other whims lately. There are boxes strewn about the house waiting to be hauled to my new location in Scranton. The move has been long overdue, but it's finally a reality.

Over the past few years, I've grown extremely fond of the Electric City. Born and raised in Tunkhannock, I'm an obvious country boy at times. But big towns and cities fill me with ideas. They spark inspiration through the sites, the people, and their history. Already I feel the ideas piling up inside of my head in anticipation of the move. I can barely sleep at night.

I'll be closer to opportunities. Closer to people I enjoy spending time with. I'll be able to walk out my front door to the building next door and have a coffee in the morning among the chatter of the blossoming day. Or, after a day of work, I can sit down and have a frothy beer perched on a bar stool. 

I'll be able to place my desk next to a window and watch the world as I write. Go for a stroll and peer down streets. Sit in a park and simply watch the world revolve.

It's a change which needed to happen. Doors were open and I refused to walk through before. It's time to shake things up. Stability and stillness only leads to stagnation. I may take a fall. It's a risk I need to take. It's a risk we all need to take to truly live.

Some choose to sit comfortable in one place. 

I want to move and shake.

Here's to walking through new doors.


...


Comments (0)

Post a Comment