A Quick Update

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , | Posted on Friday, February 22, 2013

Those of you who know me or who have followed this blog know that I'm a bit of an obsessive music hoarder. I've been collecting tunes for years, hosted my own radio show in college, and venture out to see as many performances as possible. It's been a while since I've contributed to the musical scene myself, but now things have changed.

Recently, I've begun writing (and editing) for an up-and-coming music site called Axis of Metal. Rather self explanatory, it's a site devoted to all genres of metal. I've listened to its various forms for years, now, and it's refreshing to be able to extend my writing into various other areas that I enjoy just as much as poetry and prose.

As far as everything else goes, I've been in a bit of a rut lately. The writing has been coming slow, but it's still there. I keep speaking about my manuscript. It's going to get finished. Even if I have to chain myself to this desk and slam my head across the keys of my typer...it will happen.

This year's first Prose in Pubs is taking place this coming Sunday, the 24th. Featuring Write Bloody poet Jon Sands and extraordinary, local poet friend of mine, Eric Wilson, this is going to be an incredible PiP. If you're in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area, or anywhere close, this Sunday, stop by Jack's Draft House on the corner of Gibson and Prescott in Scranton at 4 p.m. Grab a bear and take a listen.

Next weekend I'm off to see Buddy Wakefield perform. There are no words right now. I'm far too excited to think of them. As if that were not enough, Andrea Gibson will also be coming to Scranton in May to perform. This year is already chalk full of amazing.

Til next time.

Cheers

****




Comments (0)

Post a Comment