Just when I thought reality [sic] TV couldn't get anymore brainless...

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , , , | Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Before I passed out at some terribly late hour last night, I happened to be flipping through the channels hoping that the soft glow and buzz of the television would knock me out. Unfortunately, I came across something that did just the opposite.

Michelle "Bombshell" McGee, alleged Jesse James mistress and all-around trashy broad, and Jamie Jungers, alleged Tiger Woods mistress and all-around airhead, are apparently in negotiations with Bobby Goldstein, creator of the reality TV show "Cheaters", to host their own spin-off of the show aimed at catching celebrity unfaithfuls.

Goldstein says that his goal with the show is to expose any other cheating celebrities and to make others think twice about being unfaithful. He also expresses that he is only creating this show for benevolent reasons. Somehow, I'm thinking it will simply turn into an all-out smutfest of cheating B-List celebrities, which is probably more along the lines of what Goldstein actually has in mind for the show.

It already makes my stomach churn to know that McGee has sold her "story" for approximately $30,000. Now, these two no-name, no-talent hood-rats are going to be cashing in and making "celebrity" status simply because they crawled into the beds (or bus, or car, or whatever) of a married man who happened to be in the public eye?

What's worse is that millions of people will tune in to watch this garbage if it does work out. It simply amazes me how pop-culture eats this trash up. It elevates no-talent garbage into super-stardom (I'm currently planning an article on the pop-star Ke$ha who produces "music" with as much potential for enjoyment and pleasure as a root-canal).

These two women, and I use that term loosely, don't deserve fame and money for what they did. Don't get me wrong, Tiger and Jesse are just as responsible for their infidelities and deserve no more respect, but at least both of them have some sort of talent to back up their fortunes. As far as I know, McGee's talents include sliding down a stripper pole and dawning Nazi regalia. As far as Jungers goes...well, she can serve a cocktail and form basic sentences.

This kind of stuff almost makes the possibility of Sarah Palin getting her own show on the Discovery channel seem bearable. Almost.

I hope the day comes when people realize that this kind of garbage is worthless and instead of rewarding talentless, trashy people like these two (see also: Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, etc. etc.) we'll simply forget about them. They don't deserve a shred of money, fame or glory. Hell, I shouldn't even be giving them the time of day.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment