Readings, readings and more readings

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , , , , , , , , | Posted on Monday, March 14, 2011

On Sunday, when most folks were home nursing terrible parade day hangovers and cursing themselves for downing that last (read: last five to ten) shot, I made my way to the Vintage Theater once more to join in the Mulberry Poets & Writers Association open reading.

Considering everything that the reading had to compete with (the jump-ahead in time, alcoholic comas and the actual time of the event) it was a good turnout with some great writers. Not once did I feel the need to shove my pens through my eardrums to drown out beaten, dead horses and boredom. I met some great people afterwards as well. Some of them even enjoyed the garble which tumbled from my mouth while behind the mic. Though I'd rather not stand behind one again without the comfort of a drink or two.

This Friday, at the Arts Seen Gallery, I'll be attending the first of a new series of readings held during Third Fridays in Wilkes-Barre. The reading starts at 6 p.m. and will be held every third Friday of the month. Arts Seen Gallery is located at 21 Public Square, Wilkes-Barre, PA.

There are other readings which are being planned, and I will announce them here in the future.

To leave you with a little something extra, I was introduced to Buddy Wakefield's work through one of the poets who read on Sunday. After hearing "Horsehead", I was instantly hooked. Since I haven't read him on paper, I'm not sure how some of his work would hold up, but the man can certainly perform his work well. Buddy is published by Write Bloody Publishing. Here's a piece by Buddy titled "The Information Man".


Comments (0)

Post a Comment