Sifting through my family's moments

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , , , , , | Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2011


Names and places elude myself and my immediate family,
but this moment in time belongs to my bloodline. 
It falls somewhere between the late 30's and early 40's,
though I'm too late to remember either of these times.

Yet, I can still imagine bouncing around off camera as a young boy
marveling at the delicate white folds of satin and lace.
Pretending to be a cowboy roaming on horseback, pistol at my side,
happening upon some fair-skinned farm girl running from everything
her family wants her to be.

I can't help wondering where this yard may be.
If that Oak still stands.
And if I can view this moment of time
recorded in its branches.

Give me a saddle to ride upon and a stallion with
sweating shanks that gallops across sunsets
and over miles of ticking clocks 
to bring me to this
moment.

..

Comments (1)

She is stunning and her dress is so ethereal.
I love this photo.

Post a Comment