Books Devoured in 2012...Onward to 2013

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A new year means more writing and much more reading. Last year, I squeezed in 32 books. I even had time to review some of them on Goodreads. That site has been extraordinarily helpful with finding new reading material. Books I never would have found have been suggested to me or I've found them by chance. My "to read" list grows by the day. Below is what I devoured in 2012 with links to reviews, if I happened to write one, and where you can pick it up.


It was the year of Nabokov for me. His writing has completely captivated me and I can only imagine I'll be reading more of him in 2013. Total, I flipped 8,437 pages with The Satanic Verses being the longest book I read at 560 pages.

I've set a goal to read forty books this year, but I'm hoping to break through to fifty. What did you read in the past year that I should look into? What are you planning to read in 2013?

****

 The Smell of Good Mud 
by Lauren Zuniga






We Are Taking Only What We Need
by Stephanie Powell Watts






Live for a Living
by Buddy Wakefield







Death by Black Hole 
And other cosmic quandaries
by Neil deGrasse Tyson





The Moon is Down
by John Steinbeck






Capital Punishment
An indictment by a death-row survivor
by Billy Wayne Sinclair
and Jodie Sinclair



The Age of Reason
by Jean-Paul Sartre







Selected Poems
by Carl Sandburg







Satanic Verses
by Salman Rushdie






The Bell Jar
by Sylvia Plath






Laughter in the Dark
by Vladimir Nabokov






Mary
by Vladimir Nabokov






Pnin
by Vladimir Nabokov







Lolita
by Vladimir Nabokov







Moby Dick or The White Whale
by Herman Melville
Yes, I did read this
old, beaten, 
weathered
copy.



A Wonderment of Seasons
by John E. McGuigan







Don Juan in Hankey, PA
by Gale Martin






Julia and the Bazooka
by Anna Kavan







The God of our Dreams
by Le Hinton







The Garden of Eden
by Ernest Hemingway







The Short Stories
by Ernest Hemingway







Lighthead
by Terrance Hayes







Manufacturing Hysteria
A history of scapegoating, surveillance,
and secrecy in modern America
by Jay Feldman




Sartoris
by William Faulkner






The Big Hunger
by John Fante






Attack of the Theocrats!
by Sean Faircloth






The White Album: Essays
by Joan Didion







The God Delusion
by Richard Dawkins







Unfortunately, It Was Paradise
by Mahmoud Darwish







The Fifty Year Sword
by Mark Z. Danielewski
Get it






South of no North
by Charles Bukowski

Sailing Alone Around the Room
and other selected Poems
by Billy Collins

Comments (0)

Post a Comment