The smile in my driveway

Posted by Unknown | Posted in , , , | Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2011


This Packard has been sitting silently all winter long in the driveway and smiling the whole time. Bearing the chill and the cold of the outdoors in serene patience. I stopped to look at it today before hustling indoors to my typer and a beer.

Yes, I still use a typewriter. It carries me away from the plugged-in and tuned-out, fast-paced world of technology to a simpler time. A time when getting from point A to point B was enjoyable and not a deadline. Are we there yet? Who cares. Enjoy the scenery. It may be slower, but the typer is a lot easier on the eyes and music to my ears compared to the sterile hum of the computer.

Back to the clacking of keys and scribblings of my pen.

..

Comments (1)

This picture needs a fictional story about it. Clack on those typewriter keys until the tale of the iced in Packard and how it came to rest there spills from beer car to page.

Post a Comment